Wednesday, January 7, 2009

07/01/09: Miss W’s 2009 New Year’s Resolutions

In the spirit of starting the New Year on the right foot – though if you ask me when you are wearing the gorgeous new IBZcode boots I got for Christmas BOTH left and right feet are the right ones, if you know what I mean – Miss W has decided to publicly declare her New Year’s Resolutions. I figure, if I put them out there, I feel more of a responsibility to make them happen…

1. Detox. I do believe winter is the perfect time to detox, to purify, to get in shape and to really focus on your own personal holistic wellbeing. Does it sound like Miss W has come over all Gwyneth Paltrow-esque? You may laugh at my celebrity inspiration, but I’ll have you know that just because I don’t meditate on a daily basis doesn’t mean I’m not down with the teachings of the Dalai Lama! In 2009 I plan on practicing daily (well…. perhaps every second day!) yoga at the Ibiza Gran Open Spa, decked out in Stella McCartney’s über-luxe Adidas range of course, and indulging in a little Ayurvedic massage and a Panchakarma retreat (inspired by White’s very zen-like Wellbeing editor Larah Davis of Ibiza Retreats) and finally, changing my diet to include only organic produce. Breakfast, lunch or dinner at Parawdiso anyone?

2. Broaden my horizons. It has come to my attention lately that over the past few months Miss W has garnered a bit of a reputation for being a party girl, a term she finds slightly offensive. Social butterfly yes, party girl no. While I am not arguing that I do indeed spend a lot of time at fabulous events, I would like it known from hereon in that I have a brain AND a heart to go with my fantastic wardrobe. It’s easy to live life as though you are in a bubble in Ibiza, which is why I have made it my mission, Angelina-style, to volunteer for charity work (and yes, walking homeless dogs counts) and brush up on my knowledge of current world affairs whilst also mastering the Spanish language. Should make me a fascinating and highly sought-after guest next time the likes of Deliciously Sorted or The Shop are sending out invites to their ultra-excusive VIP events. Just don’t expect me to adopt any niños a lá
Ange – now that is a look that totally does not go with any of my outfits!

3. Take a holiday. You may or may not have noticed that Miss W has been on duty, reporting round-the-clock for the last 11 months or so – not an easy feat when everyone around you is on holiday! But then… I don’t want to abandon my post you see, plus wherever in the world would I go to? As the New Year dawned it finally occurred to me – very Dorothy in The Wizard Of Oz style – that I needn’t look any further than my own backyard. Here in Ibiza we have absolutely anything and everything I would possibly want from a ‘mini-break’ – great shopping, amazing beaches, beautiful countryside, sensational restaurants and of course, amazing nightlife. So it is my solemn vow and promise, to start taking weekends away, ON the island, in 2009 – and checking out all the fabulous home-away-from-home style luxury getaways the island has on offer. Starting with Can Lluc, when the almond blossoms begin to bloom in the next few weeks and closely followed by a decadent spa weekend at the new five-star Aguas de Ibiza. I can hardly wait. I just need to find someone to share it all with, which leads me to…

4. Fall in love. There, I’ve said it. I’ve had enough of Potential Boyfriends, I’m tired of falling for – and having my heart broken by - Super Rats time and at long last I’m not even remotely interested in being a DJ groupie (with the exception of Luciano that is!). Miss W has decided she has spent enough time playing the field – realistically, it’s been the dance floor but you get my point – and thinks it’s high time she acquired an accessory of the more permanent variety, to display proudly on her arm at this summer’s soirees. And no, I’m not talking about the latest Miu Miu masterpiece from Mayurka (even though I do quite fancy that as well!) I am talking about taking the plunge and actually entering into the world of ‘serious relationships’. Though if that idea doesn’t work out for me I’ve always got my cats and my island to fall back on. Serious applicants, please apply asap in writing…

5. Find the perfect pad. Miss W already lives in a pretty cool place up in the ancient walls of Dalt Vila, however my contract ends October, which means I have the next nine months to get to know the property market inside out, discover locations that will truly suit me and my lifestyle and most importantly, find somewhere with a big enough closet to house my ever-expanding wardrobe. In my mind, I can already picture myself spending many a lazy Saturday afternoon shopping for interiors at KsaR, Sluiz and La Maison de L’Elephant – think zillions of candles, Moroccan lamops, exotic décor, a little bit of sparkle and eclectic furnishings. It’s Chateau Marmont meets Pikes Hotel with a little splash of the Gaansevoort for good measure. Can’t you just see me, lazing by my pool (in a Missoni bikini of course) beneath a huge white umbrella sipping mojitos? Now there’s just the little matter of stopping being frivolous and starting to save my euros that I need to consider… Should be a snap!

Ohhhh, choosing my top five resolutions for two thousand and wine, dine and mine was so difficult – it’s like asking a mother to pick a favourite child! So I can’t help but quickly whiz the runners up by you – in no particular order:

* Wear a completely different outfit each and every single day this summer.
* Radiate peace, love and happiness at all times.
* Always have fun and live like there’s no tomorrow.
* If I can’t say anything nice, I wont say anything at all…
* Become best friends with Kate Moss. Oh come on - girl’s gotta have at least one friend willing to lead her astray…