Saturday, April 26, 2008

26/04/08: Bedouin bliss: KM5 OPENING PARTY

Well it’s about time, thought Miss W, when she received the invitation to KM5’s long-awaited opening bash. I mean, where else can a girl perch like a princess on a pillow, under a huge tent or even under the stars if her heart desires? Well, I can think of a few places in Ibiza to be honest, but I don’t love any of them as much as I love KM5.

Aside from that, they really do make the best Bloody Mary on the island, without a doubt, and after the amount of times the attentive wait staff at Sol Den Serra topped my glass up with Laurent Perrier at my previous engagement, it was exactly what I needed to get me back on track for the rest of the night.

With the fabulous music coming courtesy of KM5 resident DJ Graham Sahara, the entire venue was completely full. Once again this week, most of the island residents were revelling in the chance to finally go to another venue after a long winter of same, same, sameness.

The only real shame about tonight was the fact it was so chilly - normally when I go to KM5 I like to dress (what I believe to be) appropriately - flowy skirts, peasant tops - not in the same combination mind you - and girly gladiator sandals, the type of outfit that will flare out flatteringly as you take your position on the gorgeously comfy couches and more importantly, won’t look un-ladylike when you try to get back up! Tonight however, it was totally a jeans, boots and even a coat affair - well, at least I got one last good wear out of my coat!

THE LOWDOWN

The good: The restaurant was still packed at 1am, so it looks like our body clocks will soon be getting back into the rhythm of late night summer meals.
The bad: Brrrrr… it couldn’t have gotten any colder if it had been the middle of winter.
The gossip: Someone - not mentioning any names of course - thought it would be a good idea to shimmy up a pole and try to pull down one of the enormous garden tents, though thankfully they were foiled by one of their eagle eyed colleagues.